Project management and quality plan for designing and implementing an E-commerce system.
- LOCATION OF THE DOCUMENT:
Document is available at the project team system at the below path
F:\MBA\IT Project management\ PID-Final
- HISTORY OF THE DOCUMENT:
|Version Number||Date of the Issue||Description of the version||Owner of the change control|
|1.0||17/08/2010||First issue of draft version||Project Sponsor|
|1.1||13/09/2010||Second issue of draft version||Project Sponsor|
|1.2||16/09/2010||Final version||Project sponsor|
- PURPOSE OF THE DOCUMENT
- To form the agreement between the project team and the sponsor team
- To identify the stakeholders
- To define the scope of the project
- Cost analysis and schedule for the project is estimated
- Quality plan is made for the project
- BACKGROUND OF THE PROJECT
GREEN FOREST EXISTING SYSTEM:
Green Forest is a book company, which also sells stationary and related products. It currently only deals with, and has systems in place for walk in customers. They have planned to expand their business by installing an E-Commerce system and by interconnecting all the other UK branches.
The existing system has features like sales forecasting, catalogues and descriptive material; financial accounting ledgers which include sales, purchases etc and the existing system can handle only the walk-in customers in one outlet.
GHI existing software package can sell books and get orders placed through the Internet. Here the transaction is carried out using an electronic commerce transaction system called PAYPAL. By using this transaction system users have a secure payment method.
- SWOT ANALYSIS OF THE GREEN FOREST PROJECT:
STRENGTHS OF THE PROJECT:
- In this project management many members in our group are from an information technology (IT) background which is very helpful to our project
- The cost of all products such as hardware and software are given, which is useful for cost estimation
- In this project we are use the latest technologies and software for the profitability of the company.
WEAKNESS OF THE PROJECT:
- In this project management none of our members is from an accounting/finance background
- Lack of project management experience among our group
- We do not have much idea of marketing strategy for marketing particular products and services in an organisation.
OPPORTUNITIES OF THE PROJECT:
- The online system of the organisation will increase the company’s profitability and sale of the product.
- We can attract more customers through online marketing.
- As the company is small and has few competitors, we can easily promote the company in the market
THREATS IDENTIFIED IN THE PROJECT ARE:
- Competitors may use the same online methods to attract customers
- Consumers may prefer to buy the product from big companies or organisations, who have been using this type of software from the start
- Project definition: Business case
5.1 PROJECT OBJECTIVES AND GOALS:
- The most important objective of this project is to transform the present web service to the most recent technology and software
- The project should meet all the requirements of the company such as business objectives and profitability of the company
- To make all the work by the stakeholders completed in time in in order to achieve the business goals of the company.
5.2 SUCCESS CRITERIA:
- Good relation and support from team members (stakeholders)
- Cost control by analysing the cost of the company
- The available budget should be in control
- Effective communication between the team members (for getting required information)
- Better quality control and management for each milestone in the project
- User acceptance is important in this project
5.3 PROJECT REQURIEMENTS:
- The current project needs co-ordination and the support of stake holders and sponsors in order to achieve the project goals and objectives of the user or organisation.
- Once the team meets all the user requirements then it can immediately start its operation on the project
- Better communication among team members and sponsors is required to accomplish the project goals
- The green ocean team will check the quality requirement in the project. This will be done by the quality management and should have clear idea of customer satisfaction on the quality of the product.
- The work break down structure is required for proper project planning in and division of the roles between project members
- The green ocean team will have to look at all the requirements such as software, hardware and online web services to get proper solutions.
- The green ocean team will have to test and control the project before they produce it to the sponsor and proper testing is to be done by the senior project management…….