The idea of being able to write an ‘easy’ essay may, at least based on first impressions, appear to be something of a contradiction. After all, surely an essay with a complicated title is much better than something with a simple title? The answer is not necessarily.
The reality is that an essay with a seemingly ‘easy’ title that is well-written will usually achieve a considerably better grade than an essay with a much more complicated title that lacks clarity, both in terms of the structure and the arguments and counter arguments that are put forward.
The examples of possible essay titles that are now set out for your perusal below explore a number of different areas where it possible for a student to be able to write an ‘easy’ essay. This is because each individual title that is put forward lends itself to discussion and analysis to give the student the opportunity to show both the skills and knowledge that they have.
COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic
When it comes to easy essay topics that are both current and interesting, it is not really necessary to look any further than the COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic because of the position it has held (and continues to hold) in the public perception. Not only does everyone have an opinion about the Pandemic and the issues that are related to it that you can express, but there is a considerable variety of reliable sources available that can be used to both support and further your work. The list of topics that are set out below show the kinds of essays that are currently being set for assessment in this area:
- What are the advantages of online schooling compared to classroom schooling?
- Are families now closer or farther apart as a result of the COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic?
- What have you missed most about your life prior to the COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic?
- What do you think your country’s government has done well and what do you think they have done badly during the course of the COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic?
- How do you think your life has improved during the course of the COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic?
- How do you think that your life will change in the ‘New Normal’ once the COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic restrictions finally come to an end?
- Do you agree that children have been most affected by the COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic? If so, why?
Sport offers a wonderful opportunity to produce an easy essay topic that allows for a lot of discussion and analysis that assessors LOVE. Again, it is an area that virtually everyone has an opinion on, as is evidenced by the significant body of opinion pieces that are written on a daily basis about every issue that arises for consideration. The list of topics that are set out below show the kinds of essays that are currently being set for assessment in this area:
- What do you believe is the biggest sport in the world today? Why?
- What sports should be added to the Summer Olympic Games in 2024 in Paris, France? Why?
- Performance enhancing substances should be allowed in elite level sports. Discuss.
- Heading the ball in football / soccer should NOT be banned. Discuss.
- Critically evaluate the view that professional boxing is one of the safest sports in the world today?
- Who is the greatest living active sports person? Why?
- Television has too much control of elite level sports. Discuss.
- Critically evaluate the view that not enough is currently being done to protect elite level sports people from discrimination.
Everyone wants to be entertained. We all have opinions about the latest film, television series, music, book, or even a podcast. Spend even a few minutes on the internet and it is possible to find reliable opinions about virtually every form of entertainment. Therefore, once again, entertainment offers an opportunity to expose your essay writing skills most effectively to get the best possible grades. The list of topics that are set out below show the kinds of essays that are currently being set for assessment in this area:
- Why are Disney films still so popular with both adults and children?
- Game of Thrones is one of the best television series ever. Discuss.
- Joe Exotic is the hero of Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem, and Madness. Discuss.
- Why are podcasts so popular?
- Which is the real ‘must-see’ television show of the past year?
- Critically evaluate the view that The Simpsons is a better television show now than it was when it first aired in 1989.
- Critically evaluate the view that good music enhances the story in any other form of entertainment.
- The FIFA franchise of video games is better than the Football Manager franchise. Discuss.
Crime and Punishment
Crime and punishment are widely reported in all forms of media. Everyone has a view on crime and how the authorities should deal with it. Therefore, an essay in this area provides the opportunity to write about something that is not only topical but is also going to be interesting to the reader because it gives the student the chance to express their opinion and support it with other reliable source materials. The list of topics that are set out below show the kinds of essays that are currently being set for assessment in this area:
- Racial abuse on social media needs to be penalised more effectively as a crime. Discuss.
- The death penalty should be reinstated in the UK. Discuss.
- Critically evaluate the view that Marijuana should be legalised for medicinal purposes in the UK.
- Critically evaluate the view that illegal immigrants are the source of most criminality in your country.
- Why do the current punishments for under-18s that commit crimes not work in the UK?
- Why should plagiarism be treated as a crime?
- The entertainment industry makes criminality look like something to participate in rather than to be avoided. Discuss.