This article presents six categories of Master’s dissertation topics students can choose from: Covid-19, information technology, society and psychology, environmental sustainability, economics, sports and event management.
- Information Technology
- Society & Psychology
- Environmental Sustainability
- Sports & Event Management
One of the most significant events throughout 2020 and into 2021 has been the coronavirus pandemic. The virus has impacted almost every aspect of lives, from going to work, socialising, and accessing healthcare, to name but a few. Significant research gaps exist due to the unique nature of this pandemic, with there being a plethora of potential research avenues to further understand the virus, the vaccination, and how it impacted individuals across the globe.
- A critical analysis of how Covid-19 has impacted global stock markets.
- An analysis of crisis management in different countries: The Covid-19 response of China versus America.
- A critical analysis of the most appropriate and effective methods for developing the Covid-19 vaccination.
- Overcoming social concerns of vaccinations: A critical analysis of the global roll-out of Covid-19 vaccinations.
- An analysis of the impact that Covid-19 has had on the small business economy: Have entrepreneurs been most affected?
The use of Information Technology (IT) has been growing significantly over the past twenty years, with this growth being further evidenced in the past year. This extra push has mainly been driven by Covid-19 since there is a much higher dependency on digital solutions nowadays. It is now commonplace for employees to work from home, and businesses big-and-small are learning how to realise the tangible and intangible benefits of IT solutions. That said, here are some topics you might consider:
- Computer modelling in healthcare: A review of best practice IT solutions for enhancing healthcare operations.
- Why have small cap technology companies performed so well in the stock market during Covid-19?
- The future of logistics and delivery: An analysis of drones as the new era delivery service.
- How can information technology can be used to motivate employees at manufacturing organisations?
- Unified communications in the workplace: Is this the future of IT in an increasingly digitalized and remote working environments?
Society & Psychology
Due to the pandemic many people are having to handle significant challenges in their personal life. From being restricted to seeing friends and families and being forced to stay inside, the mental health of many individuals has been strained over the past year. It is vital to understand the impact that Covid-19 has had on society and psychology, which can provide an insight into how a pandemic could be better managed. Furthermore, there is also a general increased awareness of psychology and how societal events impact psychology which is driving more interest in researching key areas of this research area.
- Are individuals becoming more introverted in light of growing social distancing and virtual communication methods?
- Suicide rates during global crises: A critical analysis of suicide rates during the 2008 financial crisis and Covid-19.
- Establishing a community through virtual conversation: How can the video games create virtual communities.
- A critical analysis of the impact of cyber-bullying on mental health for adults.
- What is the correlation between poverty and injustice for predetermining community crime rates?
Sustainability and the global environment have been hotly debated topics for the past few decades, with there being growing concerns of how global carbon footprint is negatively impacting the environment. This has led many organisations and consumers to changing their behaviours to support environmental sustainability and reduce carbon footprints. Although there has been significant research into this area, there are still numerous opportunities to further understand environmental sustainability and the impact it is having on global markets organisations, and consumers.
- Looking forward to the future: An analysis of electric vehicles and their impact on environmental sustainability over the next five years.
- A critical analysis of the Sustainable Development Goals and what progress has been made towards achieving them.
- How can climate change be tackled: A critical analysis of ‘green’ consumer purchasing behavior?
- How can organisations integrate green technologies to improve their sustainability and reduce carbon footprint?
- Does improved corporate sustainability reduce overall profit margins: A critical analysis of the Triple Bottom Line theory.
One of the key focuses of many analysts is the current state of the global economy, with there being significant changes within the largest economies in the world. Ranging from Brexit, to countries trying to become less reliant on China, to the growth of manufacturing in India, and a potential inflation crisis in America, there is significant change in current global economic conditions. This naturally causes numerous avenues for further research into the past and future of domestic and global economics to understand how they can be managed to ensure the highest possible quality of life for people across the world.
- An investigation into stock market manipulation: A case study analysis of GameStop.
- How can foreign direct investment be encouraged to stimulate economic growth?
- An analysis of IR35 and the implications for self-employed workers and organizations in the UK.
- Federal printing of money: A critical analysis of potential large-scale inflation rises in the USA.
- Is brand equity a moderating factor for consumer purchasing behavior during an economic crisis?
Sports & Event Management
Sporting and event management is also a heavily debated topic currently, namely due to the impact that Covid-19 has had on the industry. Although the majority of events have been cancelled due to the virus, many sporting teams have been able to continue under certain restrictions. This has reinvented the way in which events must be managed and controlled to mitigate as much financial risk as possible for both the organisation and the consumer.
- An analysis of the impact of Covid-19 on large-scale events.
- Football financial regulations: How does Financial Fair Play bring more equality to UK football?
- What is the importance of the volunteer workforce in the execution of a successful event?
- A critical analysis of best practice techniques for managing and mitigating risk in large-scale event projects.
- Event management in education: How planning University events can help the professional development of students.