Academic research plays a crucial part in your final score as a student. However, you should also consider it an opportunity to add value to the world of knowledge through your research findings. With a well-researched operations management dissertation, you could become a reference for future students and have a respected name in this area of study. Therefore, make the most of the opportunity.
Professional dissertation writers draw their motivation from the sense of fulfillment that comes with a completed research paper of high quality. Having this outlook could be your first step to an exciting operations management dissertation writing process.
Pitfalls to Avoid
Understanding the gravity of this part of your course, you need to be wary of the potential risks you may encounter in choosing the ideal topic in operations management. Some of them are:
- A wide scope- The fact that operations management is multidisciplinary in nature, you need to ensure that you focus only on one specific area, such as Total Quality Management. Otherwise the research will not be achievable.
- An overly narrow span- As you look at the possible areas you can focus on in your operations management dissertation, you still need to consider all that the area of study covers. For example, operations management also involves strategic planning. Ignoring it could make you miss a potential dissertation topic.
- Lack of precision – Even after you decide on the specific aspect of operations management, avoid being overambitious. For example, if you opt to research on the JIT Manufacturing (JIT), settle on only one variable that it directly affects, such as customer satisfaction, instead of two or more.
As you go about choosing an appropriate operations management dissertation topic, the following are viable suggestions that coursework writers propose for your inspiration:
- Academic journals- Some of the latest findings on operations management in journals can guide you to select a viable topic. For example, behavior in operations management has attracted attention recently.
- Prior dissertations- You can go through the dissertations done over the past two years which capture your attention. Read through the writers’ recommendations for future research for viable topic ideas.
- Your environment- Look around you with the eyes of an operation manager and see the needs in your surroundings. For example, you could choose a topic on technology and its impact on operations management.
- Dissertation defense- Each person writing a dissertation is required to defend his or her proposal and research. Grab the opportunity to pick out interesting ideas during the next defense session for operations management students ahead of you.
With these tips, you are sure to get a good topic for your dissertation paper, one that you will be proud of and will be happy to work on!