Tourism & Hospitality Dissertation Topics
It is a challenge for many final year post-graduate students to find good dissertation topics. This is because good dissertation topics need to grab the attention of readers and represent a picture of what the paper is going to illustrate. To find and develop good dissertation topics, students must first know identify their interest and their ability in carrying out research on that particular subject. Good dissertation topics should not be too general and too narrowed. Current issues about particular subjects should be embedded in dissertation topics to make them interesting and up-to-date. This article gives guidance to students to help develop good dissertation topics on travel, tourism and hospitality. Topics, which could be used for your tourism dissertation, cover subjects such as travel, ecotourism, dark tourism, medical tourism and educational tourism.
2.0 Ecotourism Dissertation Topics
Ecotourism is a form of tourism that grabs the attention of those interested in ecological and social concerns. It is also known as ecological tourism. In general, ecotourism focuses on the way tourists can live harmoniously with the planet. It involves travelling and visiting destinations where cultural heritage, flora and fauna are the main attractions. Ecotourism is also the promotion of economical and social opportunities for local communities. Topics that could be discussed within your tourism dissertation include:
- Perception and attitude toward ecotourism in Scotland among British tourists.
- How to develop Edinburgh as a new ecotourism destination.
- Factors affecting ecotourism buying behaviour.
- Does ecotourism economically benefit local communities?
- Is ecotourism in developing worlds better than Western nations?
- Examining the benefits of integrated marketing communication to ecotourism in the UK?
- Is price the main influence for ecotourism destination selection among British customers?
- Does Swansea have potential in becoming the new ecotourism destination of the UK?
- Do British customers prefer international ecotourism over British ecotourism?
- Examining the implications of the Internet on the growth of ecotourism
3.0 Dark Tourism Dissertation Topics
Dark tourism is also known as grief tourism and black tourism. Dark tourism involves travelling to sites associated with suffering and death, such as castles and battlefields, such as Scotland and Culloden. Visiting sites of disaster, either natural or man-made sites like the Tsunami site in Phuket in Thailand and Ground Zero in New York. Possible areas to research for your tourism dissertation include:
- Does visiting a site of suffering and death socially and commercially benefit local communities?
- Perception and attitude of tourists toward the Jack the Ripper site.
- Factors affecting buying decision making of dark tourism in the UK.
- How to use marketing communication tools to promote infamous dark tourism sites in the UK.
- Perception and attitude of foreign tourists toward Edinburgh Dungeon.
- Are purpose built dark tourism sites more interesting than natural disaster or man-made black tourism sites?
- Perception and attitude of British customers toward man-made dark tourism sites: The case study of Ground Zero
- How to promote Beaumaris Prison in Anglesey, Wales, as a new dark tourism site in the UK.
- Factors affecting British customers when choosing dark tourism sites in foreign countries.
- How to develop a marketing plan for London Dungeon.
- How to make Mercat Tour in Scotland a dark tourism site.
4.0 Hospitality Dissertation Topics
Generally, hospitality refers to jobs in the hospitality industry, such as hotels, restaurants, catering, resorts and casinos as well as other hospitality positions that deal with tourists. Hospitality involves the relationship process between the hotel and a guest. It also involves the act of being hospitable, such as guest reception and entertainment with friendliness, goodwill and liberality. Hospitality is also known as the act of munificently giving care and kind-heartedness to whoever is in need. Hospitality is important to modern day businesses, and one of the following topics could make for a good tourism dissertation.
- How customers choose leisure hotels when they plan overseas holidays.
- Perception and attitude of British customers toward the Hilton Hotel in London.
- Does the brand of leisure hotel matter when British customers choose accommodation.
- Factors affecting leisure hotel buying decision making of British customers.
- Examining the implications of the Internet toward online travel agents: The case study of Lastminute.com
- Investigating expectation from budget hotels: The case study of Holiday Inn Express.
- Does brand extension in hotel chains affect buying decisions of customers?
- Does brand influence buying decision making of pubs and restaurants in the UK?
- Perception and attitude of British customers toward food ordering via the internet through Pizza Hut.
- How can small catering firms utilise integrated marketing communication to create brand recognition and sales.
- Do cultural nuances between British and French customers influence buying decisions for leisure hotels?
- How to motivate employees in pubs and restaurants in London.
- Perception and attitude toward Thai food among British customers.
- Factors affecting restaurant selection a Friday night out.
- Factors affecting leisure hotel buying decision making among British honeymoon couples.
- Examining perception and attitude of British customers toward two online travel agents: Opodo.com and eBooker.com.
5.0 Tourism Management Dissertation Topics
Tourism management relates to tourists who travel for recreation or leisure purposes. Tourists are people who travel to a location or a destination outside their usual environment for less than one consecutive year for the purpose of leisure. In recent years, tourism has become a popular global leisure activity among worldwide customers. For some countries tourism is vital to the national economy, such as Thailand and many island countries like the Maldives and Fiji. For these nations tourism generates a large intake of money for businesses as well as opportunities for employment in hospitality and service industries, such as taxis, cruise ships, hotels and entertainment venues. Topic suggestions below could help you narrow your research for your tourism dissertation.
- Do British tourists prefer overseas travelling to domestic tourism?
- How British tourists choose tourist destinations during the summer holiday.
- Perception and attitude of British customers toward cruise travel in South Africa.
- Factors affecting European city break package tours among British customers.
- How to use integrated marketing communication tools to improve the negative image of Amsterdam.
- Perception and attitude toward Bangkok as a winter holiday destination among British tourists.
- How British customers make decisions to purchase tour packages to iEgypt.
- The implications of the Tsunami on the tourism industry in Phuket, Thailand.
- How to motivate employees in the Marriot Hotel in Dubai.
- Is South East Asia the best tourist destination during the winter for British customers?
- How to promote London as the best city for Christmas shopping.
- Perception and attitude toward Beijing’s world heritage tour among British tourists
6.0 Medical Tourism Dissertation Topics
Medical tourism is a new chapter for the tourism industry. There is a huge difference in price between developed and developing nations, especially those in South East Asia and Eastern Europe, and more people are travelling to take advantage of particular medical procedures because of the price or regulatory differences. There may not be much literature to research in this area, but it may be an interesting area to research and discuss for your tourism dissertation.
- Perception and attitude toward extreme plastic surgery makeovers in Bangkok among female British customers.
- How homosexual men choose medical tour packages for sex reassignment.
- Examining perception and attitude of British homosexual men toward sex reassignment tour packages in Iraq and Thailand.
- Factors affecting buying behaviour of dental extreme makeover tour packages in Poland.
- Evaluating the perception of young British females toward facial lifting package tours in Bangkok.
- What are the most influencing factors among British females in buying weight control tour packages in Switzerland?
- How British females make buying decisions to purchase body contour tour packages in Malaysia.
- Measuring the satisfaction of British customers after having weight lost massage and spa treatments in India.
- Measuring customer satisfaction of British lesbians after having sex reassignment at Yanhee International Hospital, Bangkok.
- How to promote the Slimming Up Centre as a brand for weight control in London.
- Perception and attitude of British customers toward plastic surgery holidays and extreme makeovers in Thailand.
- How British customers choose medical tourism destinations for dental tour packages.
7.0 Educational Tourism Dissertation Topics
Educational tourism involves gaining new knowledge and technical competency outside the classroom environment. The main focus of educational tourism includes travelling to another country to learn about the culture of the visited nations. A good example of this is the exchange student programme and work and travel programme. Travelling to another country to work and apply learning skills inside the classroom in different environment, such as the International Placement & Training Program, can also be considered as educational tourism. Areas for research for your tourism dissertation include the following:
- Perception and attitude of international students toward Work & Study in the UK.
- How young British students choose cultural exchange student programmes in the US.
- Evaluating satisfaction of British students after a gap year exchange student programme in Spain.
- Factors affecting the decision of young British students to take part in a one academic year exchange student programme in France.
- How undergraduate British students make decisions to join the Placement Program in the US.
- Perception and attitude of university students toward volunteer summer camps in South Africa.
- Measuring the satisfaction of British students after joining a year-long academic cultural exchange programme with AFS.
- Perception and attitude of British students toward educational tourism in Chinese-speaking nations.
- Factors influencing British students to take an academic year exchange student programme in Japan.
- How to use integrated marketing communication tools to promote the UK as the best place to take up placement programmes.
- Factors influencing international students to join Work & Study Programme in the UK.
- Examining the satisfaction of international students after joining the Work & Study Programme in the UK.
- How British students make the decision to join international educational tourism programmes.
- Does the popularity of the country have an impact on decisions to join an educational tourism program?
Copyright © Insta Research Ltd. All rights reserved. All forms of copying, distribution or reproduction are strictly prohibited and will be prosecuted to the Full Extent of Law.