Business Dissertation Topics
This page contains over 100 free business dissertation topics. It is very likely that at any level of graduate study you will have to produce or identify a specific collection of primary sources or data. By conducting your own research, you can add to the research already produced and add/develop your own critical analysis on the chosen research topic. Usually, the Masters dissertation is a longer piece of writing than what is required for undergraduate dissertation, needing more extensive reading and research to give a critical interpretation of sources into the context of existing research.
Global Politics and Global Business Dissertation Topics
This is one of the most important aspects of international business as it examines is the connection between global politics and global business. It looks at some of the most important factors, institutions and processes and studies the political environment of business.
- The performance of global business teams within multinational corporations: The test of an intervening process model.
- How does Corporate Governance affect internationalisation, globalisation and performance of firms?
- What sorts of themes and images might create trans-cultural resonance and dissonance within an international classroom comprised of diverse nationalities and cultural backgrounds?
- Compare and contrast the new theoretical directions in international business political behaviour.
- Can production for global markets help business groups to mobilise collectively? Under what conditions does globalisation enable the private sector to develop independent organisational bases and create effective relationships with the state?
- How different patterns of business–government relations affect processes of industrial upgrading: A case study of emerging economies
- How do multinational organisations tackle the growing complexity of managing itself in light of the rise to significant power of non-governmental organisations?
- A look at the effect that globalisation has had on British businesses, especially the average, middle sized enterprise.
- An analysis of the advantages and disadvantages of regional integration for Motorola into the European Union (EU).
- Business-Government relations within a contingency theory framework: strategy, structure, fit, and performance.
- What is the meaning and process of globalisation and how does it impact the way in which business teams work together?
Global Business Strategy Dissertation Topics
Global business strategy focuses on understanding the main strategic issues that organisations face when they decide to go global. Specifically the issues relate to three areas: understanding global strategic analysis, formulation of a global strategy, and sources of competitive advantage in a given company.
- What are the risks and benefits of an International Joint Venture?
- How to develop a business strategy to expand a business in an international market?
- A comparative study of Mergers and Acquisitions within the Aviation sector: Case study of Air France and KLM.
- A research on the exit strategy of foreign venture capital investment in international private business sector.
- What are the business strategies and key success factors of Financial Holding Companies in the international environment?
- How does an organisation benefit from an effective vendor management strategy?
- Why are some vendor relationships more successful than others?
- What are the barriers to knowledge sharing and utilisation in global project teams: A case study of ExxonMobil?
- Can entrepreneurship be utilised as an effective management strategy within a business unit?
- What effects will the strategy changes undertaken by Next Plc have on themselves and their competition in the UK clothing retail market.
- An assessment of sustainable competitive advantage within the UK DIY Multiple Market Sector.
- Develop your own definition of logistics that you think reflects how logistics is evolving and explain why you think it is appropriate for today and the next decade.
- A study of the problems of managing international collaboration in the military aero-engine business.
Technology and Innovation Management Dissertation Topics
This topic considers the ways in which firms develop and implement technology strategy and manage their technological and innovative capabilities in support of business objectives. This topic mainly looks at the issues that arise in the formulation of company technology strategy, the management of technology and its integration with business strategy.
- A comparison of business improvement methodologies: Are they converging towards one universal approach?
- What is the best conceptual business model framework for strategy and value addition?
- A content analysis of external risk reporting within UK public telecommunications companies
- What is branding and how does it provide competitive advantage: Case of the consumer electronics industry?
- Building virtual dominions – A comparative study of mergers, acquisitions and strategic alliances in e-commerce: Case studies of Amazon.com and eBay.
- What are the main issues surrounding the relationship between organisational growth and performance?
- Exploring the implementation of CRM systems within call centres in the UK and relating the factors that affect the well-being of the employee.
- A study into the opportunities of implementing an e-HR system at British Energy.
- Critically evaluate how and why suppliers circumvent compliance codes. To what extent are social audit frameworks effective in managing sourcing risks?
- Business process reengineering and the challenges facing airlines, a critical study of the factors influencing Saudi Airlines’ BPR initiatives.
- What are the major issues surrounding the irresponsible lending and borrowing in the UK Consumer Credit Market?
- What are the main factors inhibiting successful/profitable e-commerce deployment in government organisations?
- What is the influence of asset securitisation on the mortgage and credit card market, and the likely impact on its development of proposed changes to international accounting standards and regulatory capital guidelines?
- What are the most influential factors and facing the FMCG industry in the UK?
- An examination of the empowerment, conflicts and corporate vision as factors in developing global business strategy.
Business and Corporate Social Responsibility Dissertation Topics
Governments, activists, and the media have become adept at holding companies to account for the social consequences of their actions. In response, corporate social responsibility has emerged as an inescapable priority for business leaders in every country. The fact is many prevailing approaches to CSR are quite disconnected from strategy. Business should treat CSR as something central to their strategy and hence contribute as a core competence for many organisations.
- A study into the benefits of using in-house CSR expertise compared with the benefits of using CSR consultancy expertise.
- How does customer perception impact on customer loyalty in the context of Corporate Social Responsibility?
- What is the role of business education in developing CSR skills?
- What are the key strategic decisions facing companies in order to improve their performance in Corporate Social Responsibility?
- Does Corporate Social Responsibility enhance corporate reputation? A case study on E.ON UK.
- What are the challenges facing ethical businesses in the UK for moving to the mainstream?
- How can businesses gain advantage from climate change?
- Integrity in business: Is it necessary or optional for businesses?
- How can firms successfully make Corporate Social Responsibility operable in the corporate environment?
- Understanding the relationship between diversity and Corporate Social Responsibility and its contribution to business in the community’s corporate responsibility index.
International Human Resource Management Dissertation Topics
International Human Resource Management helps to understand the international and comparative factors (such as national culture legislation) that shape human resource management. It provides us with the insight into the role of corporate HR functions and their contribution to business strategy and builds functional knowledge of the main developments in the management of expatriates and other forms of international management, as organisations move towards global HR service provision, global knowledge management and international partnerships.
- How national cultures affect organisational cultures and the impact of this on the performance of businesses in different countries?
- What are the bases of employee commitment in terms of affective, normative and calculative commitment?
- What are the effects of organisational transition on employee commitment in large multinational companies?
- What are the forms and causes of deviance in the organisation?
- What is the relationship between the three components of commitment to organisational change and the perceived success of an organisational change?
- A UK bidding firm’s perspective: what are the effects of an announcement of an acquisition on the employees of an organisation?
- How does one manage employee commitment in the not-for-profit sector?
- Using models of Strategic Human Resource Management assess and appraise how BAE Systems is achieving strategy through effective people management practices.
- What are the main factors that affect employee retention at international call centres?
- What are the most effective practices for working a unique Human Resource policy across multiple divisions of large diversified companies?
- A study of the constantly changing global business environment and how effective human resource planning enables organisations to achieve their strategic objectives.
Management of International change Dissertation Topics
International change is an important relevant topic in today’s business world as it aims to review current ideas and practices on the what, why and how involving managing change in contemporary organisations and social systems in general. In particular, it examines the issues and dilemmas facing those managing change.
- What are the employees’ perceptions on factors influencing organisational changes and the internal and external factors causing these changes: A River Island case study?
- The multicultural project manager: exploring linkages between national culture and conflicting styles of management.
- Managing change: Developing a framework that links intended strategies and unanticipated outcomes.
- Employee adjustment during organisational Change: The role of organisational level and occupation.
- Success of a Product Lifecycle Management Implementation – an investigation into the electronics manufacturing industry.
- How power works through managing emotion in organisational change: Emotion management as power.
- How can the measurement of levels of work stress in individuals employed in an organisation undergoing change benefit it?
- What are the effects of organisational change on productivity in large firms?
- Managing Change in Asian Business – A comparison between Chinese-Educated and English-Educated Chinese entrepreneurs in Singapore.
- What is the impact of feedback during organisational culture change: a case study of a financial firm?
- Stakeholder Communication and Transformational Change: A case study in the use of a proprietary change management system
Leadership and Innovation Dissertation Topics
Innovation has become a primary force driving the growth, performance, and valuation of companies. There seems to be a wide gap between the aspirations of executives to innovate and their ability to execute. Many companies make the mistake of trying to spur innovation by turning to unreliable best practices and to organisational structures and processes. Moreover, executives who focus on stimulating and supporting innovation by their employees can promote and sustain it with the current talent and resources more effectively than they could by using other incentives.
- What are the effects of team innovation and leadership clarity in organisations: A health care case study?
- Does socio-cultural context directly affect leadership? Does socio-cultural context moderate the relationship of leadership with top-management influence on innovation?
- What are the effects of leadership style and team process on performance and innovation in functionally heterogeneous teams?
- An exploratory study of leadership, organisational culture and organisational innovativeness in a sample of non profit human service organisations.
- How business leaders see their role in enabling innovation in large organisations?
- How exactly do we put those two together? How does a company lead in a way that generates innovation?
- What are the key factors required for a creative organisation? Identify the key barriers to implementing the above factors in an organisation and how these barriers can be overcome.
- How to organize team creativity and harvest ideas for leadership and innovation?
- What is the nature and role of leadership in three ideal types of public management innovation: politically-led, organisational turnarounds and bottom-up innovations?
- How is leadership different in the engineering function: An assessment of Airbus UK Engineering?
- What are the behavioural and personality correlations of transactional and transformational leadership?
- What is the relationship between leadership style and the demographic characteristics of Taiwanese executives?
Globalisation and Business Strategy Dissertation Topics
Globalisation presents mixed benefits for different groups and different specific activities. Globalisation is a complex trend, encompassing many forces and many effects. It would be surprising if all of them were always unfavourable to the environment, or all of them favourable. The highest priority should be to determine ways in which globalisation can be successfully harnessed to promote protection of the environment, along with other shared objectives, as opposed to degradation of the environment.
- The analysis of usability and applicability of Porter’s Generic Strategies in the light of current turbulent and unpredictable operating environment.
- What is the significance of technology to business strategy?
- A study of the Human Resource strategies to implement in order to excel and profit in today’s fast-paced marketplace, and the methods that support these strategies.
- What current strategies are in place for businesses to combat consumers neglecting their products?
- A review of the impact that globalisation is having on UK businesses operating on both global and local levels.
- An examination of the empowerment, conflicts and corporate vision as factors in developing global business strategy for multinational firms.
- What are the changes that need to be made in business management strategies in the globalisation era?
Copyright © Insta Research Ltd. All rights reserved. All forms of copying, distribution or reproduction are strictly prohibited and will be prosecuted to the Full Extent of Law.