We have a very strict plagiarism policy, so you must ensure that you correctly reference every source that you use within your work. Please be aware that we check every completed paper with our anti-plagiarism software and if it becomes apparent to us that you have plagiarised – you will not be paid. Your work with us will also be terminated with immediate effect.
Therefore, it is imperative that you understand what plagiarism is and how to avoid accidentally plagiarising your work.
What is Plagiarism?
Plagiarising is defined as the unauthorised and unreferenced use of work by another author/writer, with the intention of representing it as your own. Plagiarism can include all of the following:
- including a direct quote within the work but failing to put it in quotation marks
- copying sections of other people’s work or ideas without giving credit
- giving incorrect information about the source of a quotation, for example, if the author of a book has cited a source and you also cite this source without having read it
- trying to pass off someone else’s work or ideas as your own
- rewording a source but retaining the original ideas and not giving credit to the original source
- rewording a source but copying the sentence structure without giving credit
- mentioning an author’s name for a source but neglecting to include specific information about the location of the material referenced
- providing inaccurate information regarding sources, which makes it difficult to locate them
- copying parts of your previous work, whether it be from during your studies or something you have written for Ivory Research.
It is important that you do not use material from past pieces of work you have written, even if the question is very similar, or even identical to past briefs. Similarly, you should not heavily base your work on the ideas/structure of others or your past pieces of work.
If you would like to check your work for plagiarism before submitting it to us, please do not use Turnitin or Viper as these will store the paper. Instead, please use plagiarism detection software such as My Drop Box or Copyscape.